Alanna Cottam - VP of Events
LIFE MOTTO: "When life gives you lemons, make grape juice and make the world wonder how you did it."
Alanna Cottam transferred to Utah Valley University after exploring several other majors and fell in love with Public Relations upon her arrival. She is scheduled to graduate Spring 2018 with her degree in communications and an emphasis in public relations.
In rare moments when Alanna can be found outside the classroom or office, she fills her time singing, acting, catching up on the latest movies, playing board games or going on spontaneous adventures with friends. Although her schedule was filled to the brim with a job and internship, Alanna made time to participate in the Hale's Theatre production of The Little Mermaid where she single-handedly played an entire school of fish! When asked about the experience Alanna simply stated that her costume was "a sight to behold."
Prior to her experience with PRSSA, Alanna worked in leadership positions at Utah State University in their on-campus housing organizations and served in other leadership roles on her LDS mission to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Other related experiences include her internship with Somers-Jaramillo + Associates as a Public Involvement Intern and her current position as Social Media Director for Beesley Beard Co.
Alanna attributes all of her success in PR to her involvement in PRSSA. Her experiences and contacts gained through chapter participation have become invaluable and she hopes to facilitate similar success for other students at UVU.
FUN FACT: Alanna dreams of having her own theatre company in the future.
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Coordinate all Chapter events
- Work with University organizations to secure:
- Physical layout of the event
- Plan and take care of all event details, including:
- Fill out requests through Orgsync 3-4 weeks in advance through the club's’ office
- Decorations and Event Aesthetics
- Food (on or off campus)
- Speaker gifts
- Event assignments for committee members
- Book guest speakers and coordinate all details for their media needs, getting their bios, water, etc.
- Oversee PRSSA Events Committee
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects