Josh Bird - VP of Member Services
LIFE MOTTO: Our lives are more like a canvas on which we paint, than a script we need to learn - though the illusion of the latter appeals to us by its lower risk." - Fiona Givens
Josh Bird is Public Relations student at UVU. He looks forward to graduating in the Spring, but will continue to work locally while his wife finishes her teaching degree.
Together they love to go backpacking, analyze books and drink green smoothies. After raising a family, they hope to run a Bed and Breakfast together all while Amber lives her dream of becoming an English Professor and completing a Ph.D.
He currently works as the Public Relations Director for Sentinel Sales and Management, a Real Estate Brokerage located in Utah County. Before holding this position, he worked as the Communications Program Assistant for Circles Utah Valley and a Social Media Intern on the communications team for Community Action Services and Food Bank, which are both affiliated non-profit organizations located in Utah County.
Some of Josh's favorite highlights of his PRSSA membership have been attending the PRSSA National Conference in Atlanta, Georgia and the PRSA Regional Conference in Reno, Nevada. This experience allowed him to meet and learn from inspiring PR professionals from around the country. Josh attributes his success and love for PRSSA to the kindness of other PR students who reached out to help him get started. Josh understands that it is often challenging to take those first steps to get started in the PR world, but knows that having a mentor and friend to lead the way can make all the difference.
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Send out welcome letter to each member who signs up for PRSSA
- Compare and contrast clubs list with our list to ensure that each member has paid, and each paid member has filled out the membership form
- Keep membership and email lists organized and up to date
- Create and send out monthly email blasts
- Organize and run PRSSA's booth for Club Rush
- Complete and submit bi-annual national dues and records
- Develop and oversee a fellowship program where each board member has monthly contact / connection with a section of PRSSA members
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects