Clarissa Adams - Secretary
Clarissa Adams is a junior at Utah Valley University where she is working to complete a Bachelor’s of Science in Communication with an emphasis in public relations. She is also minoring in digital media with an emphasis in web design. After graduating, Clarissa wants to become a corporate event planner.
Beyond joining UVU’s PRSSA Executive Board, Clarissa is also competing on the 2016 National PRSSA Bateman Case Study Competition, where she will be working with Edelman PR, the Student Veterans of America and the Plank Center for Leadership in Public Relations.
In her spare time, Clair likes to camp, hike, rock climb, rappel and read, and often spends time with her family in St. George.
Favorite Quote: “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure” -Marianne Williamson
You can follow Clair on Twitter (@Krystal_Clair) or Facebook (Adams.ClarissaE@gmail.com) or email her at email@example.com
- Motivate members through his or her enthusiastic attitude toward PRSSA.
- Keep the Chapter’s charter, and other permanent documents and Chapter Handbook.
- Prepare executive board meeting agendas with the assistance of the president.
- Notify PRSSA Headquarters and PRSA sponsor Chapters of changes in Chapter leader.
- Ensure each member of the PRSSA presidency has an up-to-date binder for his/her office.
- Track member meeting/event attendance.
- Take minutes at Executive Board meeting.
- Participate in all Chapter meetings and events.
- Complete training with the clubs office in order to properly manage funds and receive financial updates from the clubs office.
- Work with the Chapter President in preparing the annual budget.
- Collect Chapter and national dues, with the assistance from the president and prepare the National PRSSA dues from to meet the national dues dates of November 1st and March 1st.
- Coordinate with VP of Member Services to maintain an accurate Google doc with all current members, dates in which members paid dues and contact information.
- Provide financial reports periodically to the Chapter Membership and advise board on fund allocation for events, programs, fundraisers and campaigns.
- Collect fees for any Chapter special events and fundraisers.
- Disburse Chapter funds with proper approval.
- Provide safekeeping for all Chapter funds and keep accurate financial records.