Emily Talbot - Secretary
Life Motto: “This above all: to thine own self be true.” -Shakespeare
Emily Talbot transferred to UVU as a sophomore in the fall of 2015 and plans to graduate with a Communication degree with a Public Relations emphasis in the spring of 2018. Emily is a HUGE people person, and could not be more enthusiastic of having the opportunity to work with the excellent members of PRSSA as Secretary.
Since her initial switch into the fascinating realm of public relations, Emily has been invited to serve on UVU’s elite Public Relations Case Study Competition team for the 2017-2018 school year. Emily could not be more excited to work within PRSSA and plans on helping all members feel welcomed and passionate about “PR”. She believes that PRSSA is a HUGE benefit to current public relation students and loves how inclusive, enthusiastic, and opportunity-providing it can be.
Along with public relations, Emily’s passions include songwriting and anything music-related, animals of all shapes and sizes (yes, even snakes!), baking (because everybody loves more sugar in their life), and making people laugh. Emily is passionate in the belief that life is meant to be enjoyed, and dedicates her free time in helping others (and animals!) find that happiness.
FUN FACT: Tyler served an LDS mission in Colombia where he was robbed 13 times, was caught in a riot and stabbed during one of his altercations.
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Notify PRSSA Headquarters and PRSA sponsor Chapters of changes to Chapter leadership
- Ensure that Chapter upholds Chapter charter, handbook and other permanent documents
- Ensure that each member of the PRSSA presidency has up-to-date materials and information
- Track Executive Board member attendance
- Take minutes at Executive Board meetings and file them in proper locations in a timely manner
- Complete training with the Clubs Office in order to properly manage funds and receive financial updates from Clubs Office
- Work with Chapter President in preparing the annual budget
- Provide financial reports periodically to the Executive Board and arise on fund allocation for events, programs, fundraisers and campaigns
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects