Hannah Rose - VP of Internships
LIFE MOTTO: “When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.” -Paulo Coelho
Hannah Rose transferred to Utah Valley University in 2016 from Utah State University and has immediately immersed herself in the savvy world of PRSSA since the moment her feet hit campus. She is scheduled to graduate December 2017 with a major in Communication with an emphasis in Public Relations.
If you could only use three words to describe Hannah they would be: bubbly, passionate and tenacious. She is extremely motivated in everything she does. Whether she is hosting an event, dancing in her kitchen or being a vegetarian, she gives 100% to everything she puts her mind to
Hannah developed her communication skills while serving as an Undergraduate Teaching Fellow for Professor Cathy Bullock at Utah State University, she had experience with planning lessons, tutoring students and researching with an industry professional. Additionally, she has worked for Deseret Digital Media as a content writer for FamilyShare.com. She currently is serving as the public relations representative for the Utah Valley Center of Professional and Continuing Education department.
Hannah firmly believes an education will only get you so far in this competitive job market. Experience and engagement with PRSSA allows individuals to enhance their resumes build a network and learn from real-world industry professionals, and she hopes to be a leader in the coming year to fulfill this mission.
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Work with UVU Career Development Center and Hot Internships to find communication internships for students
- Use own resources and networking to find internship opportunities
- Update and manage the “Internships” page on PRSSA website
- Work with VP of Digital Communication to post internship opportunities on social media
- Meet and work with students interested in obtaining internships, particularly during the application process
- Encourage members and students to apply for internships
- Edit and make suggestions for student resumes and cover letters
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects