Jeffrey Allan - VP of Internships
LIFE MOTTO: "One word: Professional. Fun AND professional."
Jeff Allan is a junior at Utah Valley University studying public relations scheduled to graduate next fall. He is a true Wolverine through and through and brings passion, dedication and enthusiasm to our PRSSA and the communication department.
On the weekends, Jeff can usually be found sporting green on the front row of any UVU sporting event, - especially soccer since it's his "fave." He is a punk rock star at heart and is in the process of starting a band with his brother. He loves skilling, spending time with his family and dancing to his heart's content.
Outside of PRSSA, Jeff has been involved in many organizations across campus including the Center for Advancement of Leadership, UVU Student Alumni and the UVU Student Association. While involved in these organizations, he gained vital experience in event management, leadership and PR campaign development - skills he now brings to the table as PRSSA's VP of Internships. Jeff has also interned for the corporate sponsorships team within UVU Athletics where he learned and grew immensely.
PRSSA has introduced Jeff to the most amazing people, increased his level of professionalism and enhanced his passion for the public relations industry.
FUN FACT: Jeff has never broken a bone, but has had 47 stitches throughout his life.
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Work with UVU Career Development Center and Hot Internships to find communication internships for students
- Use own resources and networking to find internship opportunities
- Update and manage the “Internships” page on PRSSA website
- Work with VP of Digital Communication to post internship opportunities on social media
- Meet and work with students interested in obtaining internships, particularly during the application process
- Encourage members and students to apply for internships
- Edit and make suggestions for student resumes and cover letters
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects