Kate Simpson - VP of Public Relations
LIFE MOTTO: “I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever circumstance I may find myself; for I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance, but by our disposition.” - Martha Washington
Kate Simpson is a senior at Utah Valley University. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication with a Public Relations emphasis and a minor in marketing.
Simpson joined UVU PRSSA in the fall of 2016. She worked on the Editorial Board writing press releases and PR news for the chapter newsletter.
Prior to PR, Simpson lead marketing team projects with the Make-A-Wish foundation and the Children with Cancer Christmas foundation. She worked as a marketing assistant manager at USU Credit Union while attending Utah State, before she realized where the best PR program in the country was. She interned in Washington, D.C. prior to serving a mission for the LDS church in Paris, France.
She is obsessed with the color navy, writing in cursive, all things British, skiing and going on adventures.
FUN FACT: Taylor is scared of outer space and is terrified that NASA is going to invite her on their next voyage.
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Oversee the development and editing of all PRSSA press releases
- Create a strategic outreach campaign for all PRSSA events, campaigns and opportunities
- Oversee the implementation of these outreach efforts, (i.e. hanging posters, delivering fliers, digital signage etc.)
- Develop relationship and contract with the UVU Review and other location media outlets
- Send concise report of all PRSSA events and efforts to Nationals
- Oversee PRSSA Editorial Committee together with PRSSA Historian
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects