Madelyne Van Hoff - VP of Professional Development
LIFE MOTTO: “Work hard and just keep walking through the doors that open”
Madelyne Van Hoff is a senior at Utah Valley University in the department of communication studying public relations. She served on the executive board for the UVU PRSSA chapter as the 2015 Vice President and currently serves as the Vice President of Professional Development.
Madelyne enjoys spending time with her friends and family and exploring the great outdoors. She loves her dog ‘Westy’ and is convinced that dogs are really just furry little humans.
Before attending UVU, Madelyne worked as a corporate event coordinator for four years. This taught her excellent organization, communication and leadership skills and opened her eyes to the public relations profession. Since that time, Madelyne has done multiple internships including a wild experience in the entertainment industry interning for a record label. She is currently working for a media agency based out of Lehi, an opportunity she received through PRSSA.
PRSSA has made the largest impact on Madelyne’s college career and opened many doors in her professional life. Her goal is to continue the legacy of the UVU PRSSA chapter in helping students find success.
FUN FACT: Although Madelyne loves the Utah mountains, she has lived in LA and NYC and is truly a city girl at heart.
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Plan and coordinate at least one on-site PR professional visit per semester for interested PRSSA members
- Work with VP of Digital Communication to incorporate PRSSA / PRSA professional development sessions into social media outlets
- Advertise and promote monthly Utah Valley / Greater Salt Lake City PRSA luncheons to all PRSSA students
- Create and coordinate a mentor program with PRSA members and UVU PR alumni
- Maintain UVU PR alumni database
- Serve as a liaison between past and current members
- In addition to VP responsibilities, act as Regional Conference Committee and oversee all plans and executions on that effort
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects