McKayla Walker Kowallis- VP of Digital Communication
LIFE MOTTO: "Wait for it." -Barney Stinson
McKayla Kowallis is a senior at UVU pursuing a degree in Communication with emphasis Public Relations. She is a social media enthusiast, and lover of laughter and life.
An Idaho Falls homebody, McKayla has a bubbly, passionate, and outgoing personality that has allowed her to be engaged in the UVU Honors Program and serve as a Friday Night Activities Co-Chair for the Orem Institute of Religion in 2016-2017. If you can't find her making new friends at the campus Jamba Juice, you can probably hear her belting to Disney or see her at the movie theater every Tuesday night for the newest and best movies with her husband, Ben.
McKayla hopes to use her degree to do social media for film companies such as Disney or Warner Bros. She's an avid tweeter, instagramer, and snapchatter who believes that #picsoritdidnthappen and documenting all the little moments that make life great really ARE what helps make life so wonderful!
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Maintain UVU PRSSA social media accounts
- Develop monthly social media calendar for all social media channels
- Oversee chapter website design and maintenance
- Assist VP of Media Production with media coverage at events (i.e. film or photography)
- Work with the Executive Board to inform members about PRSSA events, opportunities and internships via social media
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects