Tanner Kahl - VP of Advocacy
LIFE MOTTO: “It's amazing what can be done if you are always doing.” -Unknown
Rick is from Orem, Utah where he lives and goes to school at Utah Valley University. He is a senior studying Public Relations and Spanish and will graduate in the spring of 2018.
Rick learned about PR from a friend and decided to switch from majoring in history and has never looked back. He served as the Director of Registration for the 2017 UVU PRSSA Regional Conference and currently is the Public Relations Director for the UVU Student Association. What Rick loves about PR is the opportunity it gives to get behind a good vision, and see it through to its realization. He has particular interests in travel and tourism, sports, entertainment, political, and non-profit PR. He hopes to one-day work in house for an organization such as Disney.
Rick enjoys the outdoors and seeks out adventurous opportunities wherever he can. He loves music and dancing, which he grew up doing along with being involved in sports, like basketball and track.
FUN FACT: Wade's biggest aspiration in life is to attend the Met Gala. #DreamsDoComeTrue
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Promote ethics and diversity among UVU PRSSA members
- Plan and coordinate at least one on-site ethics event per semester
- Work with VP of Digital Communications to incorporate ethics/diversity national initiatives into UVU's PRSSA social media outlets
- Advertise and promote to all members the annual PRSSA High School Outreach program
- Serve as a liaison between current national VP of Advocacy and UVU PRSSA members
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects