Sydney Snelten - VP of Media Production
LIFE MOTTO: "Never let anyone treat you like a yellow starburst, you are a pink starburst."
Sydney Snelten is a senior at Utah Valley University graduating in Spring 2018 with a Bachelor's Degree in Communication with an emphasis in Public Relations at just 21 years old. Sydney is a PR boss babe, social media enthusiast, lover of fashion and believer in all things pumpkin spice.
She currently works as a social media and marketing manager for two, local online clothing boutiques. She has experience interning at ABC 4's Good Things Utah and even worked as a casting assistant for ABC's The Bachelor. When she is not Instagramming, she is jamming out to country music, planning her next Disney trip or blogging her #ootd.
Upon graduation, Sydney hopes to land her dream job in the fashion industry and eventually become a PR Fashion Specialist at a big brand such as Nordstrom or work for an agency that represents fashion brands, influencers and bloggers. Her goal is to make it to NYFW someday.
Sydney believes that being a part of PRSSA has been the single, greatest decision she has made for her education and career. She feels so grateful to be surrounded by inspiring individuals in such an amazing program. She has an enormous passion for PR and PRSSA has ignited that fire even more. She hopes to help other fellow PR students ignite their passion, network and launch their careers in PR.
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Create and develop media content that can be used for social media, events, and marketing
- Create promotional/recap video for monthly PR event
- Create UVU PR alumni video profiles at least once per semester
- Contribute to all other visual media (i.e. photography, graphic design) when needed
- Oversee and maintain UVU PRSSA YouTube channel
- Participate in all Chapter meetings and events
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects