Every semester UVU PRSSA students have the opportunity to travel the nation and meet with the "best of the best" in the PR industry.
Student's have traveled to places including Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, Anaheim, San Francisco, New York, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Austin, Phoenix, and will be traveling to Indianapolis in October!
The following video was created during PRSSA's most recent trip to Los Angeles, California.
Who you meet
On these trips, students have met individuals such as:
- Matt Prince, PR + Brand Engagement Manager at Taco Bell corporate
- Linda Shipley Martin, Partner at Porter Noveli Public Relations firm in L.A.
- Faith Tusieseina, Brand Partnerships at Universal Music Group
- Gail Moscoso, Sr. Publicist at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Cori Fox, Digital Communication at American Idol
- Brandi King, Communications Director for Southwest Airlines
- Todd Cooley, Owner and CEO of Todd Cooley Company
- PR Director for the Boston Red Sox. Meeting held in the executive boardroom of Fenway Park.
- Spokesperson for the United Nation
- Rear Admiral of the Navy responsible for the Navy’s global public relations. Meeting held in the Pentagon
- Nathaniel Gray, PR Coordinator for The Venetian | Palazzo Resort in Las Vegas—the world’s largest 5-star resort
- Numerous FOX TV National Correspondents
- Among dozens and dozens of other established PR professionals
How To Apply For A Trip
Please note: this semester's October trip to Indianapolis has been filled. Contact Stephen Whyte or any member of the PRSSA Executive Board to learn more about the next trip opportunity.
- Students are selected through an application and interview process approximately 6 months prior to each trip.
- Due to generous grants, the expense for each student is minimal. For example, students only paid $550 to go to New York City for a week.
- Students who participate must enroll in the 3-credit Comm 202R – Communication Field Experience.
Follow UVU PRSSA's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds to learn about upcoming student trips.