Tyler Hansen - Secretary
Life Motto: “Don’t give up what you want most for what you want in the moment.”
Tyler Hansen transferred to Utah Valley University in 2015 and now serves as one of PRSSA's Executive Board members. He plans to graduate in communication with an emphasis in public relations and a minor in Spanish in Spring 2018.
Tyler hails from the desert region of Phoenix, Arizona where he loves to wakeboard and be outside. He enjoys playing any sport and spending time with friends. Tyler claims to be average at everything, but never excel at one specific topic. However, his movie quoting abilities seem above average.
Tyler’s leadership opportunities have come from his job at Los Hermanos as the lead server. He manages a team of up to 18 servers in a high-paced environment and works to prevent crisis that may arise at any given moment. He just recently completed an opportunity with Northwestern Mutual, ranked as one of the "top ten internships" in the nation,. In this position, Tyler acted as a financial leader by giving advice to clients on how to better prepare for the unexpected.
Tyler feels that important elements to success are completed through networking and broadening your comfort zone. Through PRSSA he learns each day how to expand his skill set and hopes to help others at UVU achieve the same.
FUN FACT: Tyler served an LDS mission in Colombia where he was robbed 13 times, was caught in a riot and stabbed during one of his altercations.
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Notify PRSSA Headquarters and PRSA sponsor Chapters of changes to Chapter leadership
- Ensure that Chapter upholds Chapter charter, handbook and other permanent documents
- Ensure that each member of the pRSSA presidency has up-to-date materials and information
- Track Executive Board member attendance
- Take minutes at Executive Board meetings and file them in proper locations in a timely manner
- Complete training with the Clubs Office in order to properly manage funds and receive financial updates from Clubs Office
- Work with Chapter President in preparing the annual budget
- Provide financial reports periodically to the Executive Board and arise on fund allocation for events, programs, fundraisers and campaigns
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects