Wade Draper - VP of Advocacy
LIFE MOTTO: "The way I see it, you should live every day like it's your birthday!"
Wade Draper has attended Utah Valley University since 2014 and is scheduled to graduate in the fall of 2018. He is pursuing a degree in communications with an emphasis in public relations and a minor in marketing.
Wade can frequently be seen partying the night away at concerts. On average, he can't go two weeks without attending at least one! He considers himself to be a Disney maven and traveled to Disneyland NINE times this past year!. He also enjoys hosting parties, (especially his annual "Friendsgiving" dinner), spontaneous road trips, cooking and Halloween.
Wade has held multiple positions within the public relations field. In 2015, he completed an internship with Amara Day Spa, Salon, & Boutique where he learned to manage multiple social media sites and effectively regulate them. He worked for two years as a Recognition Specialist at doTERRA International where planned member service events and strategized to ensure the department remain a positive environment. He currently works as a PR Specialist for Sewell Direct, where he specializes in media relations.
PRSSA has opened numerous doors for Wade. It has given him the opportunity to expand his network and meet some truly fantastic and life-changing individuals.
FUN FACT: Wade's biggest aspiration in life is to attend the Met Gala. #DreamsDoComeTrue
- Motivate fellow PRSSA leaders and general PRSSA members through enthusiastic attitude about PRSSA
- Promote ethics and diversity among UVU PRSSA members
- Plan and coordinate at least one on-site ethics event per semester
- Work with VP of Digital Communications to incorporate ethics/diversity national initiatives into UVU's PRSSA social media outlets
- Advertise and promote to all members the annual PRSSA High School Outreach program
- Serve as a liaison between current national VP of Advocacy and UVU PRSSA members
- Support all other PRSSA members in their positions and assist with any extra needed projects